Student Visa
Living in Canada:
Canada lies to the North of the USA, and is the world's second largest country. The vast majority of Canada's population lives near the southern border with the USA.

In recent years, Canada's agricultural and mineral exports have performed well in world markets. Economic conditions are good for most of the country. Although the economy is healthy, you would be advised not to come to Canada to get rich. Canadians enjoy a very high quality of life but, compared with some of the salaries available in the USA, UK and Northern Europe, Canadians are not highly paid.

There are many climatic variations in Canada, ranging from the permanently frozen ice caps north of the 70th parallel to the lush vegetation of British Columbia's west coast. On the whole, however, Canada has four very distinct seasons, particularly in the more populated regions along the US border. Daytime summer temperatures can rise to 35°C and higher, while lows of -15°C are not uncommon in winter. More moderate temperatures are the norm in spring and fall.

Canadians enjoy a standard of living among the highest in the world. More than 65 per cent of Canadians own their own homes, with a higher percentage owning durable goods, such as automobiles, refrigerators, washing machines, television, telephones and radios

Costs & Expenses:
Studying in Canada is not free, but it is affordable. The average cost for a foreign student for one school year (8 months) in an Arts & Science program is approximately C$7100 (US$4765). However, tuition varies from institution to institution. See below for:.
Course Fees
$ (Canadian Dollars)
English Study
$180 - $290 per week
Secondary School
 $ 8,500 - $12,000 per year
Undergraduate $ 6,000 - $12,000 per year
Postgraduate $ 7,000 - $14,000 per year
Living cost & Expenses
$ (Canadian Dollars)
Homestay $ 400- $800 per month
Dormitory $ 250 - $ 515 per month
Apartment $ 250 -$ 700 per month (shared apartment)
  $ 400 - $1500 per month (shared apartment)
About Canada:
The settings for Canadian universities range from the spectacular Pacific coastal mountains to the sweeping prairies, from cosmopolitan cities to rocky Atlantic coastlines. About 30 million people live in Canada is the second largest country in the world, stretching from the Atlantic Ocean in the east, to the Pacific Ocean in the west, and north to the Arctic Ocean.

Canada has one of the best communication system in the world, and you'll find Canadian increasingly keen on technology, especially using the information highway. One in three Canadian homes has a computer, and the universities have excellent high-speed access to the Internet available to all students.

Canada has been considered to be a multicultural and tolerant society. Canada is a bilingual country, with two official languages - English and French. About 11 million Canadians have an ethnic background other than English or French. On the university campuses and throughout the communities, you'll hear a multitude of languages spoken

Test requirements:

It is important to become proficient in English to make your stay in Canada a good one. You will probably be required to take the International English Language Testing System(IELTS) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) before you will be admitted to a Canadian university. The school may also have additional tests for graduate students who are prospective teaching assistants like GRE or GMAT and for undergraduate students SAT is required.

  • GMAT
  • GRE
  • SAT
You will need to have a valid passport and a visa in order to enter Canada. Since it can take several months to obtain a passport and all the documentation, start the process as soon as you can.

Study Permits (student visas) are not required for short-term English language courses in Canada. A temporary resident (visitor) can study in Canada without a Study Permit if the course lasts six months or less.

The visa is a document that grants you permission to enter a country for a specified time frame for a specific reason. An applicant must convince the visa officer that he/she has "a permanent residence in India which he/she has no intention of abandoning." Each case is different, and what might serve as compelling evidence in one case may not work in another. Examples of circumstances, which applicants have presented as proof of return, include: a good job, significant property or financial holdings, family, school enrollment, a good social standing. That is fine, but one should not be surprised or angry if the officers are unable to review all the documents that are carried. Because officers are often pressed for time, they may not be able to look at many or even any documents. Also, officers are aware that documents may be counterfeited or altered, so they may be wary of accepting them.
  • Alberta Province
  • Ashton College
  • Engineering College
  • British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • Humber College
  • George Brown college
  • Seneca College
  • York University
  • Nor Quest College
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland
  • Nova Scotia
  • Ontario
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Quebec
  • Saskatchewan
Education System:
The Canadian education system encompasses both publicly funded and private schools, from kindergarten through to pre-university. Education is a provincial responsibility under the Canadian constitution, which means there are significant differences between the education systems of the different provinces. However, standards across the country are uniformly high.
In general, Canadian children attend kindergarten for one or two years at the age of four or five on a voluntary basis. All children begin Grade One at about six years of age. The school year normally runs from September through to the following June but in some instances, January intake dates are possible. Secondary schools go up to Grade 11, 12 or 13, depending on the province. From here, students may attend university, college or Cégep studies. Cégep is a French acronym for College of General and Vocational Education, and is two years of general or three years of technical education between high school and university
Working in Canada:
Full-time students registered in a degree or diploma-granting course are allowed to work on the campus of the institution at which they are registered without the need for an employment authorisation. This includes on-campus employment for graduate, teaching or research assistants.

Students whose intended employment forms an integral part of their course of study such as undergraduate co-op programs, some programs offered by career colleges or language schools and some high school programs.

You may be able to work while you are studying in Canada in certain situations. You must come to Canada with enough money to live and pay your bills while you are studying.

Do not work without being authorized to do so. If you do, you may be asked to leave Canada.

Copyright © all rights reserved Shree Agrawal Travels
:::..Website Designed By Ezealous:::.....